7.6.12

Fashionista of the week ::: Melissa Akposoe from the UK



Fashionista of the week : Melissa Akposoe from the UK
Instagram: Melswardrobe
Blog: www.melissaswardrobe.blogspot.ca



How would you define your personal style

I find it hard to define my style. Only because I dress according to how I’m feeling that day. I feel like appearance is the first thing you’re judge on before you even open your mouth to speak so I dress how I want to be perceived. Sometimes its classy sometimes its grungy but I usually dress in any which way. I love shopping in high street stores such as H&M, Topshop and Zara. I don’t like buying designer clothes because I like adding to my wardrobe frequently. I do buy designer accessories and pair them with my high street outifts because I feel it adds some elegance to any outfit.





























Who is your icon

I don’t really have a style icon by I like people who think outside of the box. Anna Dello russo does it for me. She’s flamboyant with a brazen attitude and she dresses the way she wants. Her outtake on fashion is very theatrical and costume based and I would like to think that’s something that I could develop in.




What do you aspire in life 

I want to be a fashion stylist. I’ve always known I wanted to work in the fashion industry but I never knew where. Until I could decide on which sector I wanted to advance in, I attended university studying criminology. It was soon after that I realised that I wanted to be a personal and commercial stylist and consultant. Even though I have decided my career path I didn’t want to be a one trick pony so I decided to better my craft by learning about every aspect of fashion. I finished an internship with an independent designer Zekarayas Solomon where I learnt how to pattern cut and make garments. I’m yet to endure another internship but It’s on the horizon. I want to learn everything!



The worst trend ever invented

I despise croc shoes/slippers. They don’t go with anything at all.

And finally why do you enjoy fashion 

I enjoy fashion because I think it’s a creative outlet that is practiced by everyone. Whether they like it or not, everyone participates in fashion. We all wear clothes and style ourselves daily but it’s nice to see how others project it and what mediums they choose to project their outtake on fashion through. Fashion could be most easily identified as walking and moving art. It’s living and breathing. It’s multilingual as it’s a language spoken by everyone. It must be the one thing in the world that nearly everyone can commonly 
identify with.

No comments:

Post a Comment